Wednesday, July 08, 2009

New Purpose for Stakes

Years ago we bought these stakes from the garden section of the local hardware store.  No, we don't have a vampire problem.  We were putting grass seeds on the grass to grow new grass and to prevents people from walking all over the new grass we put the stakes in the ground and used this green tape on the stakes.  Although, that didn't do much good, people broke the green tape and walked on our lawn anyway.

We still have all these stakes though and don't really know what to do with them so they just sit on the patio collecting dust.  I just got an idea today...

I'm going to take the sander and sand the sides of them then use those zig zag type of metal nail things that you hammer into 1 piece of wood on the side then you hammer another piece of wood onto the other side of the zig zag nail to join the 2 pieces of wood.  I'm going to put some wood glue in there and attach maybe 5 of the stakes together then press them tight and let the pieces dry.  I'm going to do this with several of the stakes so I have more than just 1 or a few pieces.  I'm going to keep 1 stake for every board that I make so I can use them to stake the board into the ground.

Why would I need to stake boards into the ground?  Because I'm thinking that maybe I can use these boards for wood burning projects.  I can wood burn patterns for gardens as gifts for Christmas.  I think it will be neat.  I could burn maybe a picture of fairies sitting on or flying around mushrooms or maybe some gnomes or something lol.  I think it's a neat idea and it gives me free wood to burn on since we already have the wood lol.

No comments: