Tuesday, September 01, 2009

6-12 Episode Seasons

I've noticed that some shows are now down to only 6 episodes in a single season.  The British shows like Being Human and Primeval both only had 6 episodes for the entire season (or as they say, series).  I understand why Primeval only has 6 episodes because of the CGI and the money it costs to produce that much CGI per episode.  But what about Being Human?

There are also some summer shows on SyFy that only have 12 episodes per season like Eureka, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary etc.  What happened to 24 episodes per season?  I mean they could have those shows air from fall to end of spring like the network shows and have 24 episodes with repeats here and there.  I kinda feel cheated.

Also there are shows that are only on for 2 1/2 months because they air the episodes back to back.  You get to see them during the summer but that's it, you have to wait a whole year to be able to see the next season.

And what about Merlin?  They have been showing 2 episodes on Sunday nights.  It seems like they are rushing that show.  But at least that show has more than just 12 episodes so I guess I should be grateful.  But I miss it every Sunday night, I don't know why I always forget to watch it.  Thank goodness I have Bright House cable with Primetime on Demand so I can watch it the next day.  Also if I miss an episode I can go to Hulu or the NBC website to see it.

I guess I should be lucky that they even have these supernatural shows so I shouldn't bitch about it, just be grateful they are producing them hehe.

No comments: