Tuesday, September 01, 2009

PVC Bike Trailer Update

I was looking at a forum where the PVC guy Roy was engaging with people about making this trailer drawing so he can get an idea of what to make and how to make it.

I don't remember who said it but someone said that it cost him over $800 to buy all the parts to make this thing.  Actually what he made was much bigger, it may have been for some other project but he did show a picture of the inside and it was pretty big.  I think it was something to haul with a car or truck so I don't think his was for a bicycle.  But that was kind of discouraging for me.

Roy the PVC guy doesn't buy any of his materials.  He goes to work sites where he finds crews that are building houses and he goes through the trash pile and takes the leftover pipe and joints and stuff and wood so he doesn't pay much for his trailer.  I don't have that luxury because first of all I'm too shy to just go up to a work site and start going through their pile of trash lol.

You remember in high school when you liked someone but you were too embarrassed to go talk to them so you sent your best friend to ask her if she liked you or not and if so ask her for me if she would go out with me lol.  Yeah, I'm like that although the conversation would be more like "Chip can you go ask them if we can have their leftover pvc?".  Well, I know Chip.  He'd say screw asking, just go get it lol.  I'd be all no you do it.  He'd be all but I don't want it and I'd be all well go with me and when we get yelled at I'll tell them that you forced me to do it lol.

I'm a wuss lol.  I'd rather just go to Home Depot and buy what I need.  But if it's a lot then forget it.

Also I'm not quite sure that I'm sold on the idea of PVC because it's too bendy.  I'm afraid that the first thing that's gonna happen is I'm gonna get in and the PVC is gonna start to crack and break lol.  Then I'll be on the road in Timbuktu and my floor is now bowed.  I mean I'd screw the wood to the PVC so that should help there but I just don't know how durable it is with my fat ass lol.

And I'm afraid that if I get too small it might be too flexiable, if I get too big it might be too brittle.  I don't know anything about PVC.  I know that I have seen brittle PVC but I don't know how old that is or maybe it was defective or not.  I need some PVC education.

I still want to make the trailer part for going to the grocery store to buy groceries to test the waters (or the pvc rather lol) and maybe sit in the trailer for awhile and move around to make sure it's sturdy for me.  Then if it doesn't break start adding shit that I would probably have with me while camping in it lol.

I know one perfect use for this.  If I'm in the dog house at home then this will be my dog house lol I can go to bed in there the night I'm in the dog house rofl.

No comments: