Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bright House Cable Box Upgrade

On August 25th I posted that Bright House Cable is going to upgrade 1 of our cable boxes in the house to a new system which is way different than it was before.  Here is that post:

Bright House Cable Upgrade

They told me on the day that the living room box was upgraded that the other box would be upgraded in 3 weeks.  Well that was August 25th so it's been over a month.  That's ok, I was patient.

I didn't do a video like I said because that's kind of silly but I will say this.  The old way was nice and all but it was so slow especially in the guide and the on demand menu.

One of the things I like about the cable guide is that you can go through the guide and find all the shows you want to watch and click on them to remind you to change the channel.  If you change your mind you don't have to do anything but if you want to watch it when the reminder pops up then you click the select button.

This new program for the cable box is even better.  Not only does it have a cooler look but also when you set a reminder it doesn't just remind you 1 minute before but when it's time for your show it just automatically changes the channel for you.  You do have the option to cancel it and stay on that channel you are watching now by clicking the red circle button with the C or just don't do anything and it changes the channel.

That's perfect for me because I have shows to record almost daily and if we're not at home and the tv is on the wrong channel then I record the wrong thing.  I just have to remember to set all my reminders everyday so it knows what to change the channel to. This is a problem because my DVD Recorder has to be set to record channel 3 all the time because of the cable box.

Anyway, I'm glad for the upgrade.

2 comments:

Chris Berry said...

Thanks for blogging about the new guide!

Mike said...

My pleasure, it's an awesome new operating system or program or whatever it is lol.