Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just Words

justwordsirononI could swear I posted this before but I checked and I can't find it so here it goes.

A friend of mine named Alyce bought me this t-shirt that she found in a thrift store.  It's a gray shirt and it says Just Words with words behind it that are all in rainbow colors as you can see.  It has a meaning obviously that words like "dish towel" and "fag" are just words and you shouldn't be offended by it.  Or well at least I shouldn't because I'm the one wearing the shirt.

And no it's not from the Obama speech either (which was taken from someone else lol).  I've had this shirt since 2000 I think, somewhere around there.

Anyway, the reason I have it as a .jpg file is because over time the iron on words get faded and you can no longer read it.  It's mostly due to washing it over the course of 9 years.  So I brought the shirt to my desk one morning and started typing what I saw on the shirt.  Of course it's difficult to do that when a lot of the words are behind big giant letters but you just add whatever gibberish that you know will be hidden.  Anyway, I wanted to recreate it so I could put it on a new shirt.

I thought that since I have it as a .jpg file that I would share it with the rest of the world.  Not just the gay community because it's obviously a gay t-shirt but anyone who has ever been called a name by anyone else can wear it to show the world that it's "just words" and I'm not going to show you that I'm upset about it.

If you want it you can click the thumbnail to see it full size then right click it and save it to your computer.  You print it in reverse for iron on and put it on appropriate iron on paper for the color shirt you want.  It's best on a white or gray shirt, obviously you can't put it on a shirt with any of those colors because then you can't see it.  You can put it on a black shirt if you use the iron on paper for black shirts.

I hope you enjoy.  I'm going to be adding it to the downloads page too because eventually this post will be buried after I make my next 5 or 6 posts lol.

No comments: