Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kwikset, Schlage locks send you email when door opened

Kwikset, Schlage locks send you email when door opened - Source Dvice.com

You just have to think to yourself that this is just too strange to believe.  First of all the cost to have this "door lock" email you every time someone unlocks your front door is $13 a month.  Second of all, why is that important to know?  I can't see myself paying $13 a month to get an email saying that I opened my front door.

If you looked at the article already you can see that the lock has numbers on it as well as a keyhole so I'm not sure if this requires either a key or combination or both to open the door.  It does look kind of cool in a strange doctors office kind of way but I don't know about it emailing me.

First of all can you just imagine a controlling husband who doesn't allow his wife to leave the house for fear of her cheating on him then to get an email saying someone just opened your front door is just too strange.  I've seen Maury Povich episodes where these husbands who beat their wives who also don't let them leave the house by locking them in the bathroom all day while he is at work because he is so insecure that he thinks she's cheating on him so his only solution is to lock her up while he's gone.  Can you just see the rage in his face, the pulsating purple vein in his forehead every time he gets an email on his cell phone saying his front door was just opened?

Yeah, I think this world can do without this product.  The lock yes, the email service no.

No comments: