Thursday, October 01, 2009

Annoying Pop-ups

I hate pop-up ads so much.  It really pisses me off when I'm at a website and all of a sudden something pops up on my screen trying to sell me something.  It's one thing to see ads on a site because you can ignore them but the pop-up's are in your face.  Sometimes they take over completely and you are forced to just close the browser completely which gets rid of what you are looking at and then you have to reload it again.

I put ads in my blog at the very beginning of September with the hopes of making some extra money that I can use basically to pay for this site.  Unfortunately the InfoLinks one was causing pop-ups and I couldn't narrow down which one was doing it until today when I put in the Halloween theme.  I noticed that every time I went to my own blog I was getting pop-ups and it was pissing me off.

I was just going to scrap ALL of the ads because of it.  I got rid of the WidgetBucks ads but still had pop-ups.  Got rid of the Chitika ads but still had pop-ups.  Got rid of the InfoLinks ads and pop-ups ceased.  So, WidgetBucks and Chitika are back on and InfoLinks is gone.

So no more worries about pop-ups and if you still get them please let me know by commenting in any post and I will do what I can to find and eliminate the problem.

By the way, I still get paid per click for all the ads on my site so clicking is a good thing and there is no obligation on your part to order anything when you do click.  Sometimes what you click goes to free information anyway.  But clicking will help me pay for this site.

No comments: