Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Shoulder

In July I posted that I had a misfortune with my Ergo seat for my bicycle that I bought to help the numbness in my crotch but it was pushing me toward the handlebars instead which ended up causing issues with my shoulder instead.  I was taking steroids for 6 days and muscle relaxers for a month but that didn't help at all.  My doctor gave me some vicodin which has basically just totally numbed the pain altogether.

I didn't want to post anything about it because it still hurts despite the vicodin and I was afraid I was going to jinx it so I kept quiet.

Today I haven't had any vicodin all day and I haven't had any pain either.  Well, a little bit while I was frustrated with my internet issues but the pain didn't last very long at all.

I'm confident that I will be back on my bike soon.  I don't want to go out on my 2 - 2 1/2 hour rides just yet because I want to give it a lot more time to heal.  I'm just afraid I'm going to cause pain before it's totally healed.  It's been almost 2 months though and I'm getting frustrated with the weight that I have gained since I quit riding which is 13lbs now.

Since I quit riding my bicycle I also quit eating right too.  Well, I was eating right for about 2 weeks and despite my good diet I was gaining weight with the lack of exercise so I said f it, I'm buying a donut.  A donut here, a donut there who cares since I'm gaining with salads lol.  So now that I'm going to be able to ride again soon I'm gonna have to start eating right again.

Oh speaking of eating right, I went to the dietitian about a week ago and she said that my glucose was high, like really high.  It's supposed to be about 100 but mine was 195 which didn't make sense because the blood was taken way before I stopped exercising and I was eating right for a long time so it doesn't make sense that now I'm basically classified as a diabetic.  Yes, she said I'm basically diabetic.  So that's my motivation to start eating right even though eating right made me diabetic lol.  I can't win.

No comments: