Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's a bad connection

I woke up today and as usual immediately turned the computer on, went and had breakfast to give my computer enough time to load up.  I came in here and loaded my email and it kept saying I wasn't connected.

I did the whole troubleshooting BS by unplugging the modem and router, wait 10 seconds then plugged the modem in, wait 1 min plugging in the router and then 30 seconds later checking for a connection.  That's what the Linksys program has me do.  I did that about 20 times today and finally at around 1pm I got a connection.

So when I finally get a connection Windows Update downloads and installs something and wants to reboot.  I'm trying to check my emails so I think ok go ahead, I'll read them after.  Rebooted and no connection lol.  I have to go through that BS for another couple of times.

I finally get connected again during Stargate Atlantis so obviously I can't get online but let it reboot again just to see what would happen and sure enough I couldn't get back on.  So I had to go through that BS process again and just left it on.

I ran the Crap Cleaner program and I defragmented and it finally finished about 30 minutes ago so this is my first time  being able to blog today at 11pm.  I already have 4 things (including this post) that I wanted to talk about so be prepared for 3 more posts lol.

No comments: